Tesla mega-battery in Australia activated

Anyone else been following this? It all started with a twitter bet. Musk said that he would it in 100 days or it would be free. Due it in 60 or so days. It was turn on the other day to help out after a period of hot weather affected power supply.

When fully charged, the battery can power up to 30,000 homes for an hour. However, it will mostly be used to support and stabilise existing electricity supplies. Could change how a lot of countries with power issues tackle stuff now.

UPS’ for cities… nice

Suppose thats one way of putting it.

It was a hell of a bet to make, but I doubt that Musk would make a claim like that if he wasn’t sure he could back it up!

I’m determined to get myself a Powerwall at some point to offset or completely remove my requirement for an electrical grid connection here. In theory, a single Powerwall unit with the right Photo-voltaic panels would give me enough power to run off-grid completely.

Recently, I’ve been hearing things being said that he’s all show and just marketting shite, but he’s backed up pretty much everything he’s ever set out to do. I honestly admire the guy. If the upcoming sports car can actually do what they claim, I think a lot of people will change their minds on electric vehicles and the associated technology.

Tesla Motors, Solar roof, Space-X, BFR… bring it on.

If Tesla could actually be the ones that crack the mass-production of Graphene, then they could steer the course for a lot of technology for the next 20 years.