Player Unknown's BattleGrounds (aka PUBG)

Really glad you’re enjoying this Jes, as you’ve said above it’s much more fun in a squad. The kill cam can be a good learning tool as well, I’ve reported a few players that have looked extremely suspect (reticules jittering and snapping to players).

If you’re about this evening Jes, I’ll be on about 5.30.

Sadly, that’s starting to wear a bit after the 4 games I’ve just played. Killcams are nowhere near me… I mean, the guys bursts out of a building shooting at me and the killcams shows he’s tracking behind me.

I appreciate that having only played a few games against people who have played lots doesn’t put odds in my favour… But I’ve played ARMA lots so scopes/gun/feel isn’t completely new. But I’m hitting people and getting one shotted in return.

With the tracking behind I tend to find that when I’m spectating after I’ve died so think it’s actually more of a latency issue so it feels like theres a gap between where the gun is actually aiming and what we see.
I’ve started to take the kill cams with a pinch of salt on the delays.

I’m 100% certain some folk play on different regions to get some kind of latency advantage. and every kill cam i’ve seen has been firing behind the target. I’ve not seen many but it’s been 100%; i assume it wouldn’t be for a static target but i’ve not seen one. I suspect it’s not that that’s where the player was aiming, but what the server’s managed to put together from both your clients; if they have high latency, on their screen you’d be further back and they shot you, on yours you’d be further ahead and they miss, so the server shows you it’s best approximation of both of those (they miss, but you die).

and then yeah, some will be hackers. i don’t think that’s ever going away now; games are only going to get more complicated, which results in more vulnerabilities and bugs, and results in more exploits.

Let’s be clear, though it’s no pvp :wink:

From videos I have seen the Killcam is shit. You do have to remember that the tick rate is really slow in PUBG so you will die even when you think you are in cover.

Just got shot by a guy who strafe-jumped around a corner. Literally took me out whilst floating in midair. What the fork is that about?

Yeah. no.

Was about to join you guys just literally just as Adam arrived so left you to it. Something is obviously good about this game because it is enticing me to replay it… but everytime I do so I am left disappointed/frustration.

Equally, having to listen for 2 minutes every round to the most racist, homophobic and misogynist bullshit shouted between people and into my headset whilst the game starts makes me just want to uninstall it. These are the people that have ruined online gaming in my opinion… From a geeky niche past time 15 year ago to a bunch of toxic cunts that we have today. Way to go gaming.

I wonder if they are that way in real life?

I might just leave you all to it. I’m glad folk like it and have something to play together… if you haven’t got a team of 4 up, give me a shout - I’ll play in a group. I just think I won’t play as a lone wolf.

I’m glad I played it though because actually the things that I thought were bad about it ended up being good. But the things I hadn’t considered… like other people - are probably the thing that will drive me up the wall.

Jes, in the settings you can change the chat at the start to team only, that way you don’t get any of that in the pre match lobby. I’ll be on tomorrow evening, give me a shout if you want to give it another shot!

I should be around during the day tomorrow if you fancy a game

Yep in game voicechat off. Or team only. I will be back in ireland on the 30th so could do a couple of rounds then.

that’s how i feel about loads of stuff; R6, titanfall, this, battlefield, overwatch, killing floor, payday. If I’m not playing with folk i know well enough to not be cunts, i tend to stick with singleplayer stuff.

New 1GB Patch

Taken from Steam Page:

Today, we are going to deploy a patch and the live servers will be under maintenance for two hours.

Before we dive into the patch notes, we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the intermittent lag and character position readjustment issues our players are experiencing during matches. Creating a smooth playing environment to allow our players to fully enjoy Battle Royale was one of our top priorities for PC 1.0 launch. However, a multitude of causes have triggered the in-game lag issue to become worse or happen more frequently in the last few weeks. In the process, we were not able to implement the measures to visibly address the issue more quickly.

Contrary to most expectations, there is a combination of causes that lead to the in-game lag and character position readjustment issues. The issues cannot be attributed to one or two causes and have stemmed from a combination of different factors which is why we need to continuously work on resolving and investigating the problem. We upgraded our game engine to the latest version and made changes to the game when we added new content. The problem resulted from these changes as well as several other causes.

In this patch, we have removed some inefficiencies in server infrastructure and optimized in-game servers to alleviate the problem. More specifically, we made adjustments to reduce the bottleneck during the game server launch phase and also resolved some server hitch issues.

Resolving the intermittent lag and character position readjustment issues are still one of our top priorities, and we are continuing to work on analyzing and fixing any remaining issues every day. After today’s update, we will be running some internal tests and deploying more updates to gradually mitigate the problem. We are currently examining several measures including server optimization and server logic modification to address the multitude of causes. On top of this, we will continue our efforts to further investigate remaining causes.

We will keep you updated on our progress going forward. We would like to apologize again for the inconvenience and we will continue to do our best to resolve the issues.

Please find the notes for the today’s patch below.

• Changed the map selection ratio to be equal for Erangel and Miramar.

• Adjusted replay system so that players can only view game replays from 3 minutes after death.
  • This is to prevent sharing opponent’s positions to surviving teammates immediately after death.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed the issue where some buildings and objects were not marked on the Miramar world map.
  • Reduced occurrences of the issue where replays occasionally crashed back to the lobby screen.
  • On restarting a replay, it will continue where last viewed.
  • Fixed the issue where the beginning of the Death Cam and replay was missing.
  • Fixed the issue where players couldn’t earn BP.
  • We will update with a compensation plan soon.
  • Fixed the issue where players could die unexpectedly from fall damage.
  • Fixed the issue where bullets couldn’t penetrate particular fences from both sides.

Thank you.
The PUBG Development and Community Team

So talking about the rubber banding etc but not actually fixing any in the patch. If they updated the game engine they could start coding it with Vulcan(that would be nice).

installing now as apparently jester thinks ill enjoy it… even after hearing him swearing at it all day :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Didn’t say you’d enjoy it. Just said you’d probably be better at it than me lol

I’m sort of enjoying it. Though I’d love to see what other players pings are as last night I put half a clip into someones back only for them to run away, yet I seem to die from 3 shots. Jump is not needed, and just causes people to bunny hop. Would like to see a hardcore mode, think that could be fun. Game still seems very buggy to me for a full release.

Don’t open that can of worms again! :smiley:

I’m getting extremely frustrated by it if I’m honest. I can play ARMA III before or after it and do well using similar mechanics. I can play R6 both or after it, which is more twitchy… and do well. Yet in PUBG, all I seem to do is die. Even when I hit people - I see puff/splatter but they just walk away or turn and shoot.

I’m at the point that when I see people, even if they are standing still and of the sort of shot I would make in ARMA, there is no point because It’d either not register or not kill them.

i propose we squad up and play on a distant region and see if we do better with latency on our side. if we do then i’d say it’s down to that, and we’ll be free to choose before playing whether we want to do well or suck hard (which i assume is what pubbers do).

Try the NA servers, they played ok before full release.

This is annoying. Why should we have to play on North American servers? You shouldn’t be able to region hop.

Or is this another game with really bad hit reg?