Hell Let Loose

Just come across this… not other info apart from Youtube video

Going to be another FPS to go for WW2 because COD and Battlefield went back there. There will be 100s more like this, and all will pretty much be the same game. FPS market is becoming too predictable and one game rolls into another with the same guns/game modes/settings/ etc.

edit Having read the Crowd funding page, this one does seem different and interesting. Still have doubts, mainly over modern gamers, but will see.

Bit of info from the official website https://www.hellletloose.com/

Developed for Unreal Engine 4 by a small independent team, Hell Let Loose places heavy emphasis on teamwork and communication as players work together as limited Roles in Platoons beneath the leadership of Officers and the force Commander. Using historically accurate weapons, logistics, armor and tactics, Hell Let Loose is a game that demands teamwork and communication not only to win, but to survive.

Featuring sweeping 4km2 maps, the battlefield is divided up into large cap sectors - allowing for emergent and constantly unique gameplay that pits two forces of fifty players in a fight to the death across fields, bridges, forests and towns. The first theater of war is the sleepy Norman town of St Marie Du Mont on D-Day 1944 in northern France during Operation Overlord. It features a stunning and detailed 1:1 scale battlefield recreated from archival reference material and satellite photography.

Players will organise and muster behind the front lines before carefully pushing forward into the French countryside towards the town. They will need to establish supply lines using logistics vehicles - enabling them to build Garrisons and other spawn locations in the field.

Armor and infantry must work together to smash through the front line and capture territory - pushing the enemy back and earning greater resources to sustain their fighting power.

Engineers will lay minefields and barbed wire to create choke points. Sunken lanes become killing zones while dense woodlands could mask the presence of a devastating PAK 43 - towed into position by a waiting unit of Wehrmacht infantry. Allied infantry call in strafing runs as hedgerows light up with the fire of a Panther tank and the scream of the Hitler’s Buzz Saw - the MG42.

The battlefield is laid out - ready to be mastered by soldiers with the skill and strategic ability to wipe the enemy from the field.

We plan to release Hell Let Loose on Steam in Q2 2018.

oh that looks so pretty. Makes COD WW2 look shameful.

PC only is nice too.

Will certainly be on my watch radar. Nice one @MicJules :slight_smile:

It’s currently on Kickstarter:

I’ve backed it - literally based on the visuals and the foliage of the first few seconds…

£39 Aussie Dollars is only £22… that give closed Alpha & Beta access.

also backed this…

more words added

Backed here as well.

Dedicated servers!!!

Warframe Game Mode

Instead of capturing a small flag, the entire map is divided into capture sectors - forcing each team of 50 players to make continual tactical decisions as to where they should attack and defend.

When a sector is captured, it will generate one of three resources for your team, creating a complex metagame that will influence your push to victory.

Will the cost of spending Fuel on a Tiger tank inflict significant enough damage to the enemy to wrest control of the western flank? Will the Munitions spent on a Typhoon strafing run clear the distant hedgerows and open a path to the town of Carentan? Can the bridgehead at Feuilly be maintained without sustaining devastating losses to your Manpower?

The development team has proactively asked for clans/communities to contract them so they can work with them… and maybe even help with their dedicated server administration.

I’ve sent an email explaining how fucking awesome we are.

This could be the start of something good.

Impressive aims from their Q&A page:

We’re aiming to make a game that mixes the high-intensity carnage, weapon mechanics and brutality of Red Orchestra 2 with the operational, supply and construction mechanics of Project Reality beneath the meta strategy of a game similar to Company of Heroes.

We prefer intense, terrifying and intelligent instead of long, tedious and boring.

They probably already know :slight_smile:

True squad play…

I’m tempted to get the 189 AU kick that gets 6 early access keys if folks are interested?

Very generous and interested but that is a chunk of change

Looks good. Alot to do to get a 100 man server running smoothly with those visuals I think. What we saw was what like a small quad action on a small part of map.

Im still interested though, I would love a full ARMA WW2 game. I tried the mod which was ok but too much faff to install. But this looks like it would have it all out the box and then a few more nice features.

@NaloaC Would be tempted, I have to wait now till after our OZ trip. All monies reserved for OZ Dollars just not for this!

This looks really good, sorely tempted by it. FPS’s tend to give me the black rage these days though so, ima wait and see…

I’m thinking Caolan meant that the 189 would be divided by 6, Mic. If not, then you are indeed a generous legend, Mr Harrington. :wink:

When’s the cut-off for this?

5 days on the Kickstarter

Ok, I’m in. Let me know if you get enough interest, otherwise I’ll get this solo at the weekend.