Anthem Game (console/PC)

Anthem is an upcoming online multiplayer action role-playing video game being developed by BioWare and published by Electronic Arts. It is slated for a 2018 release on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Players will assume the role of a Freelancer, one of a group of bold and courageous people who leave their civilization to explore a lush and dangerous landscape.

WARNING: EA game

Quote taken from here: http://www.gamesradar.com/new-games-2018/2/

Anthem is essentially EA’s answer to Destiny: a shared-world shooter that aims to fully immerse players in a gigantic sci-fi universe. You play as a Freelancer (don’t call them Guardians) engaging in third-person, Mass Effect-style shootouts, armored up in your Javelin exosuit to explore and exterminate within some gigantic alien biomes. As you might expect, there’s an emphasis on party play (for up to four-player co-op) and the pursuit of increasingly impressive loot, and it’s promising to hear that Anthem will be penned by the writer of KOTOR and the first two Mass Effect games.

Keeping my eye on this one, E3 stuff looked good but we all know what happens after E3 trailers. Think i might have signed up for beta but I can not remember.

I like the concept, borderline generic as it is: Mercenary space marines go out and murder the indigenous wildlife and populace for a chance to get a shinier gun! :smiley:

Aesthetics grab me from the teaser video, so we’ll have to wait and see if they can actually deliver on anything.

Co-op shooters are fun. The Division was and is, a really solid shooter, but with some horrific difficulty scaling in places when someone comes in a level or two higher. The 3rd person view was never an issue for me and if they manage to create a game-world that is as rich as that initial video, then it should add to it.

I’m not going to hold my breath at all, but rather just wait and see what they come up with. At least it’s got a solid team behind it.

DELAYED!

Anthem, BioWare’s ambitious action role-playing game announced at E3 2017, will not come out until 2019, according to a report from Kotaku, representing a delay past the launch window originally said to be the last quarter of this year.